Friday 13 September 2013

Watford's Greatest Captain?..

Who is Watford's Greatest Ever Captain?....
Prostate Cancer UK are once again the official charity of the Football League, and they will be running a series of campaigns and features throughout the 2013/14 season. They are creating a 'Men United' squad, and one of their first projects was to find a captain for this super squad. They asked supporters of every League club to nominate their suggestion for their greatest ever captain.

I was lucky enough to be asked to provide my thoughts, and I made what some may see as a controversial choice...

We love a good debate here at FTRE, so if you agree with me, fine, but if you don't - even better! Leave us a comment telling us who you think Watford's greatest ever captain is and we'll discuss the responses on a future podcast.

To find out more about the Men United project, please click here.
To find out who I chose, please click here.

Come on You Horns!

---
Download the latest podcast via iTunesPlus, get FTRE blog posts sent straight to your inbox. Simply enter your email address in the "Subscribe by Email" box in the right hand column near the top of this page. Or if you're really technical you can use this RSS code.

3 comments:

  1. I still maintain it's Neil Cox. Without him pursuding the squad to take a pay cut the club would have gone under and Doyley's appearances would probably have numbered in the 20's & 30's

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Neil Cox shout purely on that whole sorry episode with the deferred payments.
    Lloydy? Sorry its about being a captain not a great servant.
    For me it has to be Wilf Rostron. Converted winger into the best left back I have seen in my time at the Vic. There is no doubt in my mind his absence (thanks to Roger Milford) in the '84 Cup Final was the reason we lost. He scored some great goals and led the team with bravery and distinction. He gets my vote.
    Jason Rose, supporter for 37 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, it's Robert Page - the big Welshman who was skipper for the promotion campaigns of 1997-98 and 1998-99, and was Player of the Season for 1999-2000.

    That said, I like the argument in favour of Neil Cox for his role in the deferred payments episode.

    ReplyDelete